Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the maintenance supervisor is responsible to supervise skilled trade employees for all facilities and equipment maintenance activities including professional maintenance, corrective maintenance, planned and preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, process improvements and modifications while ensuring the effective ongoing operation of the Plant in a manner that is consistent with our vision, mission, values and objectives.
- Coordinate and delegate day-to-day maintenance activities in a safe manner; plan, supervise and lead a team of skilled trade employees in the maintenance and improvement of plant equipment and facilities by assigning work duties and inspecting completed work.
- Actively promote a safe working environment focused on full compliance with CertainTeed and legal safety policies and laws.
- Ensure that personnel are adequately trained in the safe and efficient performance of their duties.
- Align maintenance work with the correct parts, equipment, etc, to minimize project time, equipment down time, and re-work.
- Inspection of existing facilities and installations along with suggestions for alterations and revisions.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Use of SAP to effectively organize and track maintenance work at the plant.
- The planning, implementation and maintenance of the facility’s Quality System in keeping with the TPQC Pillar Steps, and WCM requirements.
- This position supervises 4 Millwrights & 1 Electrician
- Limited travel.
- 24/7 Operation, overtime may be required
- Ability to wear required safety equipment
- Must have a Post-secondary diploma/degree in Engineering (mechanical or electrical)
- Must have 5+ years related industry experience with a high-degree of mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- Must have experience in supervising people including skilled trades and external contractors (direct supervision preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance planning, asset prioritization and maintenance strategy development
- Experience in small to medium scale project management will be an asset
- PLC and Automation experience an asset
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Suite), experience with SAP/CMMS is an asset
- Drafting knowledge of AutoCAD, Solidworks is an asset
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of employees and customers, internal and external
- Previous experience in a unionized environment an asset
WHO ARE WE?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm’s slogan “Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed,” inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
At Saint-Gobain we design, manufacture and distribute materials which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. Join our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to improve the world of tomorrow with us.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Maintenance Supervisor: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)