Do you want to make a difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities? Are you positive, energetic, and motivated? The Movement Centre of Manitoba is looking for you! The Movement Centre provides a rehabilitation therapy called conductive education (CE).
We have multiple openings for exceptional individuals to join our team as part time or full time Conductive Education Assistants (CEA).These individuals are caring, compassionate, and committed to providing dignity and respect to all members of the public, and facilitate the delivery of conductive education rehabilitation. For more information on conductive education, visit our website: www.movementcentre.ca
Under the direction of the Conductor QCS and Occupational Therapist, the CEA will assist clients with neurological motor disorders in our Conductive Education (CE) classes, helping children and adults gain/regain mobility, confidence, and independence.
- Assist facilitation of the delivery of CE by working hands on with children and adults with physical and/or intellectual disabilities
- Set up classroom prior to the start of each class, clean classroom at the conclusion of class
- Assist Conductor with preparation of program materials for clients
- Assist administrative staff with duties such as answering telephone calls, photocopying, fundraising tasks, etc., as requested and time allows
- Report any incidents to Conductor and follow incident reporting procedures
- Protect clients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality
- Required: Kinesiology degree or graduate of a recognized rehabilitation therapy assistant program
Students of above programs welcome for part time positions
- Experience working with people with physical disabilities preferred
- Fluent in English (oral and written), International English Language Testing System for non-residents of Canada – Minimum Score 7
- Security Checks, valid within 3 month preferred, conditional employment may be granted while checks are being processed:
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Preference will be given to candidates with a current First Aid / CPR level “C” Certification
- Understanding of physiology and body mechanics
- Outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Positive outlook, desire to learn and grow
- Appreciation for the values of our organization
- Good problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling
- Moving objects,
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs (manual handling techniques)
- Transferring and transporting clients and equipment
Starting wage: $14.00/hour, commensurate with education, skills and experience
Hours of work: To be determined. Current hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm and Saturday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. (Our hours may be expanding, some evenings may be available.)
Starting date: Negotiable – between early to mid November
Location: 1646 Henderson Highway, Winnipeg
The Movement Centre provides on-site training in the facilitation of CE, as well as other career and professional development opportunities and benefits.
We value respect and inclusion, honesty and fairness, passion and teamwork and lasting personal relationships We have an enthusiastic, fun, and caring culture, and are looking for people who share those values!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.