Why work for Lafarge?:
Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge’s focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
Reporting to the Sales Manager of GWA Ready Mix, the incumbent follows the team’s commitment to safety excellence, drive to be the employer of choice, focus on industry leading service and solutions. The Sales Representative is responsible for growing RMX business, focusing on small and medium customer base, managing accounts as assigned, interacting with decision makers while achieving sales performance targets.
The Sales Representative is the Lafarge contact for projects in the assigned areas and strategic accounts, and is to promote Lafarge Ready Mix concrete products, services and solutions through daily onsite visits with customers. The Sales Representative must also work closely with Safety, Customer Care and Logistics Centre, Production, Quality Control, Operation, Finance, Credit and other product lines to drive the implementation of the Company’s One Lafarge Strategy.
- Promotes a positive safety culture through leadership by example; performs all work activities following all relevant safety policies and procedures.
- Drives revenue through increased sales and solution selling to optimize opportunities to maintain and grow customer base.
- Promotes solution-based selling to maintain strong customer relationships and be proactive in understanding customer needs.
- Maintains a strong grasp of all competitors’ actions, prices and strategy. Proactively recommends and implements actions to maintain Lafarge’s position in the market.
- Coordinates sales and service with other Lafarge divisions including Equs.
- Review and understand project specification in the assigned areas and for assigned customers.
- Efficiently and accurately produce quotation by use of computer software such as SalesForce.
- Run and inspect daily sales report timely and work with billing coordinator to ensure accuracy.
- Follows SFE requirements and develops action plans to meet individual sales goals and objectives
- Ensures that relationships are solid through meeting daily visit targets per day with clients, site superintendents, project managers and subcontractors, on site and at offices.
- Attends and proactively participates in monthly finance and sales meetings.
- Schedules bi-monthly formal joint customer visit with sales manager
- Presents sales progress report and discuss previous month performance to sales manager monthly
- Ensures full completion of monthly backlog, pending report , sales and revenue forecasts.
- Ensures that processes and practices are in place to meet monthly accounts receivable targets.
- Strictly follows kickoff meeting criteria. Explain product and order information to site, and provide direction and assistance in the coordination of deliveries to all projects.
- Works with customers to resolve site related issues actively or account problems diligently.
- Works with CCAs to ensure appropriate product use and promote extra products and services.
- Participates in local associations and partnerships to maintain and increase Lafarge presence in local areas and to promote values
- Attends and supports customer events to present Lafarge interest.
Results / Accountabilities:
- Meet sales objectives in assigned territory.
- Maintain up-to-date sales information in Salesforce.com software
- Track and report on solution-based selling successes.
- Increase Lafarge presence in marketplace
- Maintains close relationship with customers and local market place.
- Adherence to all internal control requirements.
- Communicates/coordinates any changes to customer deliveries with customer care & logistics.
- Identifies and shares recommendations for improvements.
- Meets and seeks to exceed department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Timely and accurate reports to support delivery, billing and sales activities.
- Timely and accurate customer account management following LafargeHolcim policy
Dimensions / Relationships with Others’ Jobs:
- Interfaces closely with other sales team members, operations, productions, quality control, customer care & logistics, credit and finance departments.
- Works closely with functional teams, i.e. H&S, Environment & PR, HR, LR, IT.
- Directly reports to Sales Manager, GWA Ready-Mix
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors Degree, Diploma, or an acceptable combination of education and work experience
- Prefer minimum of three years construction industry experience
- Prefer minimum of three years concrete ready mix experience
- Prior sales experience within industry considered a strong asset
- Prior customer service experience considered a good asset
- Demonstrated strong application user skills for MS Office Suite of products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint at intermediate level
- Experience using an ERP / E-One system preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly motivated, able to quickly build and maintain positive working relationships
- Strong sales ability, can quickly understand customer needs and provide solutions
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills; a self-starter
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills essential
- Independent thinker
- Ability to negotiate skilfully in tough situations without damaging relationships
- Ability to maintain composure in dealing with difficult situations; demonstrates positive customer service attitude
- Customer Focus
- Conflict Management
- Managing & Measuring Work
- Motivating Others
- Drive for Results
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
Through LafargeHolcim’s 2030 Plan, Lafarge is committed to providing solutions using sustainable manufacturing practices and improving the environment in and around its operations. The company has a sixty year history in Canada and works continually to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, restore wetlands for native plants and animals, and identify waste materials that can be recycled and used in our operations.