Ignite Cycle and Strength is hiring again! We are looking for group fitness instructors who can provide cutting-edge, group fitness instruction through various entertaining, educational, and fun classes promoting fitness and a positive self-esteem in a safe environment. You will act as a fitness resource for class participants and maintain positive relationships with members to encourage class attendance. This position offers above-average compensation for the experienced applicant.
Jobs Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop positive relationships with class participants by teaching a variety of challenging and entertaining group fitness classes.
- Educate class participants about correct form and alternative moves during the fitness class.
- Attentively listens to members, answers questions, and engage with them in conversation, before and after classes.
- Clean and organize the studio space after each group fitness class.
- Provide current music for each class that entertains and motivates while ensuring appropriate language.
- High school diploma
- One or more years of fitness instructor work experience
- CPR/AED certification
- A recognized group exercise certification that is current.
- Ability to perform an aerobic activity for the class duration, which may include, but not limited to, standing, walking, climbing, balancing, running, crawling, and kneeling.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform exercises specific to the assigned classes.
Please prepare a short video – 3 to 5 minutes maximum.
- Select music you feel is motivating.
- No fancy production required for this. Just use your phone and face the camera.
- Demonstrate that you understand musical phrasing by starting your movement and/or combination at the top of your 8 count phrase.
- Demonstrate that you are able to cue the next movement without interrupting the flow of your workout.
- Showcase your amazing fitness party personality!
- Upload your video to Youtube as unlisted and send the link along with your current CPR/AED certificate, liability insurance, resume and group fitness certification to our email address.
Part-time hours: 2-5 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $30.00-$40.00 per hour
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Wellness program