Job Code: 94887736937
Category: CAN Human Resources
Reporting directly to the Area HR Manager, the HR Specialist is responsible for performing a wide range of human resources administrative functions.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Conducts recruiting and training of all new employees to ensure all aspects of quality are met.
- Assists with the recruitment, screening, interviewing, hiring and orientation of new employees; prepares necessary paperwork for personnel files.
- Assists with placement and terminations.
- Organizes, prepares and delivers the bi-weekly list of inactive guards.
- Works alongside Branch Managers to identify site openings and schedule interviews for the placement of officers.
- Creates and maintains all job postings from Allocated Personnel Requisitions.
- Organizes, creates and distributes weekly, bi-weekly and monthly reports.
- Updates recruiters with all current job openings and qualifications to ensure a positive outcome with employee placements.
- Strategically organizes and approves all employment advertising.
- Off-site recruiting.
- Utilizes SAFES to identify individuals for placement purposes and to gain information on guards to generate bi-weekly reports on available officers.
- Works with Administration Department to co-ordinate the payment of referral bonuses, deductions and tracking of wage subsidy payments.
- Gains information from Sales Department related to hiring demand.
- Assists with maintaining officer training records.
- Manages Security Officer’s license renewal process.
- Assists with payroll and benefits administration.
- Prepares personnel reports; tracks percentages and advises appropriate management staff of any adverse impact or potential adverse impact on hiring.
- Updates and maintains confidential personnel files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Must possess excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external clients.
- Excellent recruiting and interviewing skills.
- Ability to conduct counseling in routine disciplinary matters.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and project coordination skills.
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle projects responsibly.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Proficient in use of various software applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Email.
- Human Resources certificate or diploma and two (2) years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Understanding of human resources administrative processes.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, required the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, senior executives, clients, and staff, occasionally under conditions of urgency and/or pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, and behavioural selection survey.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Occasional use of vehicle required in the performance of duties.
- Occasional travel to various company offices and other locations.
- Readingand analyzing reports and data, including computer usage.