I’m a 30-year-old woman living with Cerebral Palsy. I am pursuing a law degree and living in my own home with my cat Billie. I use a power wheelchair to get around and so I require help with many of the tasks of everyday life. I love cooking, and photography, laughing a dark humour. I take a lot of pride in taking care of my home. I’m seeking a conscientious, caring, and reliable female staff to work with me part-time in my home, at school, and everywhere in between.
• You must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
• You must be able to provide satisfactory Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks
• You must have a class 5 Driver’s License.
• You must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• You must be strong and flexible enough to assist with standing pivot transfers and to provide support for walking (usually <10 steps)
• You must be comfortable assisting with all types of personal care, including showering and dressing.
• You must have basic cooking skills and be able to follow recipe with minimal guidance.
• You must be comfortable with cat care, including litter box changes, and leash walks.
• Experience supporting adults with physical disabilities would be an asset
• Strong organizational skills would be an asset.
• Interest in gardening and/or creative hobbies would be an asset
18 hours per week at $16/hour
10 AM-1 PM Monday through Friday and Wednesdays 6-9 PM Specific start times are periodically subject to change based on my schedule.
Please e-mail your resumé and cover letter (maximum 250 words) to Danielle, at email@example.com. Please provide two references. This posting will be open until the position is filled.