Requisition ID: 89283
Position Number: 20068499
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: St. Boniface Hospital
Department / Unit: Patient Registration – SBH
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Nights; Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $18.650, $19.209, $19.785, $20.378, $20.990, $21.619
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Patient Registration, and while demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Values and Management Philosophy of St. Boniface Hospital, the PATIENT REGISTRATION CLERK is responsible for: performing clerical duties to include obtaining necessary patient demographic information and registering patients on computer system; performing all receptionist’s functions including directing and controlling patient movement in the department; maintaining accurate death records; making telephone calls as requested; requesting charts from Health Records; assisting with orientation of new staff; providing direction and feedback to students during student practicums; and performing other related duties as assigned.
- Grade XII or recognized equivalent.
- Successful completion of a recognized medical office secretarial program or the first year of a recognized diploma/degree in a health related field.
- Successful completion of a recognized medical terminology course.
- One (1) year related experience in an office, clinical environment or in a patient registration department (e.g. secretary, receptionist, communications clerk, etc.).
Qualifications and Skills
- Fluently bilingual in both English and French.
- Keyboarding Speed: 35 w.p.m.
- Ability to work in a Windows operating environment.
- Ability to retain information which is of a confidential nature.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt readily to stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
**The candidate must be able to understand and speak French at a proficiency level that allows them to sustain varied in-depth conversations with patients and families. Language proficiency will be evaluated in order to assess the applicant’s proficiency level. For information on the required proficiency level, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Le candidat doit pouvoir comprendre et parler le français afin de soutenir une variété de conversations avec les patients et les familles. Une évaluation de la maîtrise de la langue sera effectuée dans le but de vérifier le niveau de compétence du candidat. Pour de plus amples renseignements au sujet du niveau linguistique, veuillez communiquer avec le service des Ressources humaines.
A RESUME IS REQUIRED WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
- Physically capable of assisting patients in wheelchairs, with luggage, etc.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.