MDI is one of the largest dairy operations in Manitoba and is a processor of specialty Milk Protein Concentrate (MPC) and Butter products that operates 24/7/365.
The primary role of Production Lead Hand is to be the senior person on shift and the point of contact for others; work in partnership with the Supervisor to maintain set production schedules by clearly communicating work assignments to team; assisting team in production operations; planning; monitoring and reviewing results; educating and coaching.
SCHEDULE: 10 Hour Afternoon Shift (6:00pm -4:30am)
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Back-up for Supervisor or Process Operators in their absence
- Assist with production within department and in other departments as required
- Knowledge of all equipment operations and production process
- Communicates with Supervisor on a daily basis with regards to production schedules and issues; staff requirements; equipment repairs; concerns involving employees.
- Updating of production reporting data using Navision or MS Office
- Communicates with all team members and other departments to ensure understanding of daily production plan.
- Complete production plan by delegating and directing work within team and resolve daily production issue and concerns
- Ensure that employees understand and follow SOPs
- Complete daily production reporting requirements.
- Lead by example
- Develop and maintain a team-based work environment by providing leadership, direction, coaching, training, and clear and consistent communication.
- Coordinates staff required to efficiently complete operational processes within production operations. Consults with Production Supervisor as required. I.E. directing staff, work scheduling, employee relations.
- Ensure a respectful, safe, and healthy work environment.
- Assist in the development of positive cross functional/department relationships.
Safety & Environment
- Foster safe work practices by enforcing standard safety procedures and as required develop and implement practical recommendations for safety practices.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of processes and suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, Ability)
- Demonstrates leadership ability interpersonal and coaching skills, to create a team environment and drive employee productivity and competence.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to communicate one-on-one and in group settings.
- Focus on quality including the adherence to Quality Policy and standard operating procedures that create department efficiencies.
- Strong computer skills using MS Office (Work, Excel).
- Problem solver with good analytical skills and the ability to trouble shoot as the need arises. Involves staff in the decision-making process.
- Occasionally able to work various shifts as required by the department.
- High School Diploma and Post-Secondary Education or equivalent
- 2 years of previous leadership
- Highly organized with excellent time management/priority setting skills and knows how to make the right decisions.
- High numerical and mathematical ability.
- Working proficiency with MS Office applications, internet applications and Navision system.
- Forklift license and First-Aid Certified or must be willing to obtain
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Leadership: 2 years (Required)
- food and beverage processing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Winnipeg, MB (Required)
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) (Preferred)