About the Pet Cancer Fund
The Pet Cancer Fund is a Vancouver-based organization whose vision is to increase the life expectancy and improve the quality of life of pets diagnosed with cancer.
Estimates suggest the number of dogs and cats developing cancer every year is 12 million; roughly 6x the number of humans getting cancer yearly within North America.
More needs to be done and as we set out to build a large team of distributed, animal-loving passionate volunteers to help our furry friends, we need Human Resources professionals to help in the administration of our organization.
That’s where and how you can help us.
About the Position
The volunteer Classification Specialist researches and prepares job descriptions, job posters and relevant expectations for the various roles throughout the organization. The Specialist will gather information from clients and from existing documents and will carry-out independent research to understand the intricacies of various, specialized roles, how they fit into the broader organizational context and contribute to the achievement of the organization’s objectives. The Classification Specialist must be knowledgeable about work in a volunteer/not-for-profit context to ensure job descriptions and posters are reflective of the organization’s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, review and revise job descriptions and posters that clearly describe the work to be performed and role expectations/desired outputs in order to help our volunteers succeed in their roles.
- Gather job information through interviews with employees, management, and other stakeholders to ensure job documentation accurately reflects the intent of each role.
- Participate in organizational design activities that enable the achievement of the organization’s objectives.
- Review, edit and provide feedback on draft documentation prepared by other Specialists to help ensure consistent, high quality job descriptions and posters are produced by the Classification team.
You have strong communication and analytical skills in order to work with individuals in different departments of the organization to understand their roles and translate this information into accurate job descriptions and job posters. You also have strong organizational and time management skills to help ensure volunteer positions are posted within the needed time frame. You enjoy learning about the operations and various jobs of a new organization and have excellent writing skills. You have:
- A degree or certification in Human Resource Management or related field;
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office tools and comfortable working in Google Documents;
- Experience providing organization design advice would be considered an asset;
- Ability to research and write job descriptions and job posters independently;
- Excellent communication skills to interview stakeholders and translate research gathered through various means into thorough and accurate job documentation;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
What we provide you with
This is an amazing role for anyone who is looking to either go into private or non-profit sectors. You will develop excellent networking and strategy skills and will continue to keep current knowledge of the latest industry trends and developments.
- This position is virtual and can be completed from anywhere in Canada or the United States.
- This is a volunteer position and the time commitment is approximately 4-6 hours per week.
- Some projects are deadline dependent and may require more hours from time to time, flexibility is a must.
- This is a volunteer position that could potentially lead into other roles within the organization.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Pay: $0.00 per year