About the Pet Cancer Fund:
The Pet Cancer Fund is a Vancouver-based organization whose mission is to increase the life expectancy and improve the quality of life of pets diagnosed with cancer.
Estimates suggest the number of dogs and cats developing cancer every year is 12 million; roughly 6x the number of humans getting cancer yearly within North America.
More needs to be done and as we set out to build a large team of distributed, animal-loving passionate volunteers to help our furry friends, we need professional and experienced Drupal developers to help build our new website.
That’s where and how you can help us.
As one of our Drupal Web Developers your volunteer time will be spent working as part of a team to create an amazing online home for our organization. We’ll need both front and back-end Drupal developers.
As a front-end developer, the position requires a combination of programming skills (PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, etc.) and aesthetics. For the back-end module development role, you will be responsible for designing & implementing new features and functionality, establishing and guiding the website’s architecture, ensuring high-performance & availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
Required Skills and Qualifications (Front-end Development)
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Extremely fluent with HTML5/XHTML and CSS
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes to have consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
Required Skills and Qualifications (Back-end Development)
- Experience developing web solutions in Drupal and PHP implementations in a LAMP environment
- Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture
- Advanced site-building experience including deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views, and Panels
- Experience creating custom Drupal modules
- Knowledge of PHP, PHP files and theme functions, and knowledge of the Drupal theme layer
- Through understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile or iterative SDLCs.
You should have the highest of standards and take great pride in your work. Further, you are extremely detail-oriented and proud of being a perfectionist when it comes to your completed efforts.
Ideal candidates will have a minimum 5 years of experience developing using Drupal AND Drupal testing/certification from a recognized organization such as Upwork, Acquia, etc..
Very simply, you’re focused, driven and do what’s right. Having a friendly demeanour, you love to mix humour with the serious. Yes, cancer is brutal and terribly sad, however we also believe in the power of positive energy, so our goal is to always stay positive and to have fun along the way.
- This position can be done virtually from anywhere in Canada or the United States
- Expectations regarding a time commitment would be in the range of 4-8 hours per week on average
- This project is deadline dependent & may require more hours from time to time, flexibility is a must
- This is a volunteer position that could potentially lead into other roles within the organization
- We’d like this position to be filled and start as soon as we find the right candidate for the role
- Multiple positions are available.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Pay: $0.00 per year
- Drupal Developer: 5 years (Preferred)