About Pet Cancer Fund:
The Pet Cancer Fund is a Vancouver-based organization whose mission is to increase the life expectancy and improve the quality of life of pets diagnosed with cancer. Estimates suggest the number of dogs and cats developing cancer every year is 12 million; roughly 6x the number of humans getting cancer yearly within North America.
As we set out to grow and build an industry leading North American-wide foundation to execute on our vision, we’re in search of experienced assistance to help in the administration of our organization. That’s where and how you can help us.
About the Position:
As a volunteer Project Coordinator on our web content team your service will include working closely with and reporting to your Project Leader to assist in keeping their team project plan and content creation up to date & on schedule, along with a range of other administrative duties including the creation and maintenance of the team’s google drive folder/file structure, reporting on team progress and handling queries from other stakeholders or team members involved in the project.
The Project Coordinator will help to ensure that the schedules, meetings and goals of their content team work in harmony, while providing feedback on the weekly progress of their team project plan. This position plays a critical role in helping to ensure that their assigned project is well organized and delivered on schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Project Leader to assist with project tracking and approved content handling
- Works with the Project Leader to maintain Literature Sourcing guidelines and criteria, upholding the organization’s high standards
- Leads and coaches Research Assistants to perform to the guidelines and criteria
- Assigns topics in a practical manner to the team for search and review
- Reviews and gives preliminary approval of literature sourcing, leaving final approval to project leader
- Work closely with their Project Leader to create and manage the team google drive folder/file structure
- Maintain/ensure the security of google files/folders with active permissions control
- Create and maintain a calendar of meetings, resources and workflow for the team
- Schedule and attend conference calls on Zoom or Skype when needed
- Ensure conference call minutes for all calls where 3 or more people attend are kept and distributed if necessary to other stakeholders (actual minute-taking can be delegated to others)
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all stakeholders
- Prepare regular reports on project status and progress as required
- Update project timelines, identify and communicate obstacles and opportunities
- Monitor changes and identify conflicts to ensure smooth day to day coordination of all team activities
- Execute relevant administrative support tasks to assist the Project Leader if necessary
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. You are an expert communicator along with being a thorough planner and task master, who feels a sense of achievement when the efforts they work and contribute to run smoothly and finish earlier than the planned due date, never leaving tasks until the last minute. Experience working with a variety of professionals and being a team player is required. You have:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in the life sciences.
- Superb oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- A strong sense of initiative with the ability to multitask
- The ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Passion for the Pet Cancer Fund’s mission.
- Prior experience in a coordination or support role is preferred.
- Prior experience working with project managers/leaders or management is an added advantage.
What we provide you with
This is an amazing role for anyone who is looking to either go into private or non-profit sectors. You will develop excellent networking and strategy skills and will continue to keep current knowledge of the latest industry trends and developments.
- This position is virtual and can be completed from anywhere in Canada or the United States.
- This is a volunteer position and the time commitment is approximately 4-8 hours per week.
- Some projects are deadline dependent, requiring more hours from time to time, flexibility is a must.
- This is a volunteer position that could potentially lead into other roles within the organization.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Pay: $0.00 per hour