About the Pet Cancer Fund
The Pet Cancer Fund is a Vancouver-based organization whose vision is to increase the life expectancy and improve the quality of life of pets diagnosed with cancer.
Estimates suggest the number of dogs and cats developing cancer every year is 12 million; roughly 6x the number of humans getting cancer yearly within North America.
More needs to be done and as we set out to build a large team of distributed, animal-loving passionate volunteers to help our furry friends, we’re in search of a talented art manager to lead and coach our social media art team as they build the visuals that will help us tell our story.
That’s where and how you can help us.
About the position
Our volunteer Social Media Art Manager will supervise a team of graphic and multimedia design volunteers as they create, select and develop our social media visual graphics (still and motion) for publication on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Working in collaboration with the Content Strategist our Art Manager will take final responsibility for ensuring that our visuals accurately reflect the style, tone and voice of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of graphic and multimedia design volunteers; approving any visual work prior to publication
- Create, coordinate and deploy engaging visuals that reflect our organization on our social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Work collaboratively within the Social Media team to take our graphic needs from concept to completion
- Keep up-to-date on trends with the latest social media best practices and technologies
You are well-versed in graphic design and are able to demonstrate your ability through an existing portfolio of your art. You have experience leading a team and have excellent organization and communication skills and are highly collaborative. You are tactful and able to deliver constructive, positive feedback to your team. You have:
- A degree in the visual arts and at least 3-4 years’ experience working on a range of graphics commercially
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and general design fundamentals
- Supervisory experience as a leader of a graphics team
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
What we provide you with
This is an amazing role for anyone who is looking to either go into private or non-profit sectors. You will develop excellent networking and strategy skills and will continue to keep current knowledge of the latest industry trends and developments.
- This position is virtual and can be completed from anywhere in Canada or the United States.
- This is a volunteer position and the time commitment is approximately 4-6 hours per week.
- Some projects are deadline dependent and may require more hours from time to time, flexibility is a must.
- This is a volunteer position that could potentially lead into other roles within the organization.
***Those applicants who do not include their portfolio will not be considered.***
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Pay: $0.00 per year
- working on a range of graphics commercially: 4 years (Preferred)