WHO ARE WE?
Hy’s has always been about family, but that does not only mean the founders, the Aisenstats. The Hy’s family includes everyone who has ever worked at Hy’s, and all our loyal guests. Hy’s staff take pride in being part of a successful team and in providing a memorable fine dining experience to our guests. Staff feel part of the Hy’s history and tend to stay for a while. Our guests are part of the family, too – with many being the third or fourth generation to dine with us. For more information on Hy’s of Canada, please visit our website at www.hyssteakhouse.com
WHAT WILL OUR GUEST SERVICES HOST OR HOSTESS DO?
You are often the first point of contact for our guests and have the ability to set the tone for their dining experience to ensure they feel welcomed and appreciated. You are responsible for a consistent guest experience and for following Hy’s service philosophy. To be successful in this role, you have thorough knowledge and demonstrated competence in the following areas:
• Food and beverage knowledge including being able to explain the layout, contents and general theme of all food menus
• Technical knowledge including understanding the working principles of the Open Table reservation system, ability to navigate and operate the Squirrel POS system, handling cash, the sale of gift cards, and operating the telephone, lighting, sound and AV systems
• Adhering to restaurant policy and procedures.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED?
Our business is built on exceptional guest service. We set the bar high with our standards of service and strive to exceed guest expectations. To excel in this position, you need to be prepared to deliver outstanding service by having:
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Ability to proactively meet guest needs and resolve problems if they arise
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Understanding and knowledge of the fine dining restaurant industry is a definite asset
• The utmost of professionalism and attention to detail
• Strong personal initiative
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
WHAT DO WE OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES?
Hy’s attracts and retains the best. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive place for people of different orientations, ethnicities, ages, abilities. We are committed to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely and conscientious manner. We offer benefits, flexible hours and part-time or full-time positions. We adhere to high standards of service but also give you independence to develop your own unique approach to serving our guests. We are a friendly company with a personable and professional fine dining service offering. If you like working with a successful team and representing a longstanding, recognized and well-respected brand, this job would be perfect for you. We have plans for opening new restaurants and want the right people to grow with us.