You are an experienced Data Technician with expert level knowledge on maintaining and servicing various optical and electronic platforms. You are able to use your experience and knowledge to provide technical support, installation, testing and commissioning support to various commercial clients. You have a strong work ethic and outstanding customer service abilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide basic set up, installation and testing services for the following: phone systems, wireless systems (AP Antennas) and network devices (routers, switches, servers)
- Technicians need to be physically fit and able to complete any portion of the installation and needs to be comfortable working a complete work week at 40 hours.
- Must be comfortable working unsupervised and/or with teams of 2-4 other technicians.
- Daily duties along with the physical install include time tracking and online submittal for all technicians assigned to the project.
- Reporting to Project Managers
- Project Change Orders as required
- Face to face interactions with onsite clientele
- Consistently complete projects on time and on budget
- Installer for large scale retail structured cabling projects
- Demonstrate ability to perform site survey and develop scope of work and materials list
- Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting skills
- Maintain the company’s high standard of quality and professionalism with regards to workmanship, customer relations, co-workers, behaviour and appearance
- 1-year Minimum level of experience required
- BICSI Certifications
- Past experience or knowledge of industry standards (BICSI, NEC, TIA/EIA, Windows XP)
- Perform appropriate tests on most signaling platforms including small to medium private branch exchange (PBX), digital signal (DS-0 through DS-3), and optic carrier (OC-3) to dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM)
- Requirements on duty involve running cable, terminating Cat5e and Cat6 and Cat7 cable. In addition will be working with fiber terminations inside data centers.
- Test and splice optical time domain reflectometers (OTDR)
- Strong knowledge of data and structured cabling methods and standards.
- Strength and ability to use power tools and hand tools in a safe manner
- Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to pass pre-screening alcohol and drug testing
- No criminal history
- First Aid and Occupational First Aid recommended
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00-$38.00 per hour
- data technician: 1 year (Preferred)