Urbandale Construction is a family-run business with over 35 years’ experience building high quality homes in the Ottawa area. With over 10,000 homes constructed since the company’s humble beginnings, Urbandale Construction has built a reputation of delivering a quality home through the use of quality materials, high performance equipment and meticulous attention to detail during construction.
Urbandale Construction offers a competitive compensation package including merit based incentives, extended medical and dental coverage, pension plan.
Position: Framing Crew (2-5 members)
Reports to: Site Superintendent
Purpose: All aspects of wood frame construction, from floors to trusses
- Joist layout
- Floor sheeting
- Wall fab and erection
- Truss layout, erection and sheeting
- Stair installation
- Window installation
- All associated backframing, point loads, and truss bracing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Turn over single family home (upto 2500sf) in 2 weeks or less
- Zoom-boom an asset
- Must have proven track record with several years experience
- Experience with Townhomes an asset (party walls and multiple roof lines)
Urbandale Construction is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Urbandale Construction will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- framing construction: 5 years (Required)
- demonstrated: 5 years (Preferred)