Reporting to the Manager, Business Systems & PMO, the Business Systems Specialist is responsible for delivering business support service focused on ACU’s systems including requirements gathering, root cause investigation and correction as needed, production control activities as well as the planning and management of work orders (System Support).
Responsible for full cycle problem resolution on end user requests to Applications Services, including but not limited to:
- Evaluates and prioritizes requests from users; Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through to resolution
- Provide correct routing and escalation as required
- Maintain and manage the work order ticketing system to ensure priorities are established and expectations are met.
- Perform all tasks with a focus on customer service including accessibility, approachability and a positive attitude.
- Coordinate and Conduct acceptance testing of new business systems and system enhancements to ensure systems function in accordance with detailed specifications.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of business processes, the information/data required and generated by these processes and the computer application functionality in order to effectively troubleshoot and recommend revisions to increase efficiencies and effectiveness for the end user..
- Responsible for recommending changes that improve efficiency and/or quality of service.
- Provide support and consultation for business process or system design and/or redesign.
- Manage system user access in accordance with policy and procedures..
- Complete regular and special reporting as required.
- Responsible and accountable for developing operational support documentation.
Production Control Specialist
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring production change and issue management adhere to ACU policy and audit requirements.
- Proactive communications with all stakeholders for issues or changes that may impact the organization.
- Analyze, plan and control production activities to improve uptime
Review and support production implementations to identify risks and ensure complete and effective communicate to appropriate audience(s)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The competencies for the position would typically be acquired a minimum of 3 years of job related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Practical, operational business experience and knowledge in the financial services sector is an asset.
The position requires a complete understanding of:
- Software quality control and assurance particularly quality and testing concepts and techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Advanced PC Skills including (but not limited to) MS Word, MS Excel, email, internet and MS Access
- Strong multi-tasking skills, while maintaining attention to detail, and prioritizing workload in a fast paced environment
- Must work effectively independently and within a team environment
As one of Manitoba’s Top Employers (2020), the culture of Assiniboine Credit Union is supportive of the individual while focused on the greater community. You’ll be motivated by shared values and encouraged to always think about how, through financial sustainability, we can do more for our members, our employees and our community.
Choosing to work at Assiniboine Credit Union means that you’ll be working for an organization that…
- puts people, planet and prosperity first,
- values diversity and inclusion,
- is focused on social and environmental responsibility,
- supports employees through training programs and long-term career development,
- offers a competitive total compensation program which includes bonuses, a matched pension program, and health and dental benefits
If doing things differently and doing more is part of who you are, join us on a rewarding journey where your personal aspirations and career goals can align.
Deadline for applications is Friday, October 30, 2020. We thank everyone who applies but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to workforce diversity and actively recruit people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives reflecting the community in which we live and work.