Are you looking for an opportunity to use your self-motivated passion and talent for repairing and maintaining heavy-duty trucks and trailers?
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this role is responsible for repairing and maintaining our trucks and trailers in an orderly fashion while meeting timelines and deadlines for our drivers and owner-operators.
Since 1986, Len Dubois Trucking has been meeting the transportation and logistics needs of its clients across North America. It has been our tradition through two generations to create the highest standard of service that exceeds our customer’s expectations. In 2011 we created a new business unit – Dubois Global Logistics.
Len Dubois Trucking believes that it is important to give back to the community where we work, live and play. We have been very involved in our charities of choice: The Winnipeg Santa Claus Parade, The Children’s Museum, Special Olympics and STARS Air Ambulance.
At Len Dubois – Your Trust Drives Us!
This position is located in a great office in Winnipeg – which is currently located at 40 Bryan Bay. For more information on our organizations go to http://lenduboistrucking.com and http://dglpro.com
We are growing and we are looking for someone with exceptional mechanical aptitude and skills that enjoys working on heavy-duty trucks and trailers to join our dynamic and professional team.
The Truck and Trailer Technician – plays a key role in the organization and must work closely with all of our drivers and internal departments to ensure a high level of customer service is provided. The position requires strong communication skills both oral and written. You must perform repairs efficiently and cost-effectively. Adhere to the LDT maintenance practices and procedures to achieve a budgeted cost per mile.
This position provides experienced diagnostic and repair skills. Diagnoses and completes repairs and/or services on heavy-duty trucks and trailers as well as other transportation equipment. Ensuring customer satisfaction, while working as a member of our team and maintaining strong internal relationships. Communicates and coordinates repairs and parts required with the service writer.
The Shift: Our work schedule runs 4 days on, 3 days off. The days of work are to be determined.
1. Demonstrated skills to diagnose, troubleshoot, all truck and trailer components and systems;
2. Ability to use all mobile equipment and vehicles used in the shop, yard and road service;
3. Perform general maintenance and service on the company and owner-operated vehicles which at times includes problem solving and diagnoses and keep a sense of urgency ;
4. Must possess superior problem-solving skills;
5. Work on blueprints, schematic drawings, service manuals and other information;
6. Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment;
7. Strong knowledge of electrical systems and emissions/after treatment systems, engine diagnostic software (Paccar, Detroit, Cummins, Volvo) is considered an asset
8. Preference is given to those with welding experience and knowledge to perform non-structural welding.
9. Perform adjustment and calibration to mechanical components;
10. Perform modification and construct mechanical assemblies;
11. Perform maintenance and low voltage repairs of electrical systems;
12. Multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of workload
13. Ability to manage a busy schedule with constant changes (flexible);
14. Strong problem solving and computer skills;
15. Must be able to work within strict established safety and work guidelines/rules to complete the job;
16. Use various hand and power hand tools;
17. Operate equipment such as overhead or mobile cranes and forklifts to assist in assignments;
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. The ideal Truck & Trailer Technician will have 3-5 years’ experience repairing trucks and trailers and will service both fleet and third party equipment.
2. Preference is given to those with their Red Seal Commercial Transport Technician Certification
3. MGI license
4. Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; and hold a valid CVIP License or a Valid Class 3 license, Air endorsed
5. Technicians must have their own tools;
6. A team player with a positive “can-do” attitude and a high level of professionalism;
TYPE OF PERSON WHO WOULD SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Direct personality – solves problems in an innovative and decisive manner
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions to others
- Positive and outgoing – interact in a socially engaging manner
- Sense of urgency – with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Detail-oriented – with the ability to get the job done
- High level of commitment, integrity and dependability
- A driver for bottom-line results
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A dynamic, growing, award-winning company with the opportunity to take your career to the next level
- A strong corporate culture that is committed to personal and professional growth
- A strong compensation package, with excellent benefits
- Continuous learning opportunities to enhance your career
- Working with a fun team that maintains a family-like atmosphere
- A corporate uncompromising commitment to safety
- Strong support from the organization’s ownership
If you’re excited about this opportunity and believe you are qualified to join our team, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status and are legally able to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance, however only those qualified will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- truck and trailer repair: 3 years (Preferred)
- MGI (Preferred)
- drivers (Required)