Closing Date: November 3, 2020
Reporting to the Unit Manager, and under the direction of the Charge Technologist, the Laboratory Technician will be required to perform phlebotomy and other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a recognized Medical Laboratory Technology/Technician course
- Completion of a high school diploma, Manitoba Standards
- A minimum of three (3) years’ of phlebotomy experience
- Successful completion of English 40S level (or equivalent)
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
- Satisfactory employment record
- Proficiency in the basic use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Will be assessed During the Interview Process:
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Previous work related experience with oncology patients both adult and pediatric
- Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) Medical Laboratory Assistant Certification
- Ability to speak French
Salary: As per MAHCP Collective Agreement
Note: Please enclose the required documents (proof of education and completion of 40s English course or equivalency) together with your application to CCMB Human Resources.
Applicants whose first language* is not English and who have not successfully completed a Manitoba Grade 12 40S English course or equivalent will be required to meet one of the following English language proficiency requirements:
TOEFL- a minimum of 550 (CBT-213) on the PBT (Paper-Based Test), or a minimum of 213 on the CBT (Computer-Based Test), or a minimum of 79-80 on the IBT (Internet-Based Test)
CanTest – a minimum band level of 4.5 in Reading and Listening, and 4.0 in Speaking and Writing
IEL TS – a minimum band of 6.5 in Reading, Listening, and Speaking, and a minimum of 6.0 in Writing
MELAB – a minimum final score of 80 with a minimum of 77 in Writing
CAEL- a minimum overall result of 60 with a minimum of 60 in Writing
Successful completion of AEPUCE (Academic English Program for University and College Entrance) offered through the University of Manitoba and Red River College
- The term “first language” refers to that language which is most commonly used in homes, communities and daily commerce in the applicant’s native country. It may or may not be the country’s official language or one of the country’s official languages or the language of instruction.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
CancerCare Manitoba is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environment. If you are contacted by CancerCare Manitoba regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if accommodation measures must be taken to enable you to apply and be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all that apply and advise that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. *For more information regarding 40S language equivalencies, please contact Human Resources at (204) 787-8501.
Please submit a detailed cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements for this position along with a current resume which references the Competition Number to:
Human Resources Services
675 McDermot Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3E OV9