Ironclad Developments Inc. is currently accepting applications for the position of: Corporate Wellness Specialist, to join our growing team. Our company is built on a foundation of trust, honesty, integrity and industry excellence and we are excited to be able to offer this position within our growing family. Ironclad Developments Inc. specializes in project management/developmental/multifamily construction and property management across Western Canada.
The successful candidate for this position must have strong interpersonal skills with strong mediation and conflict resolution abilities. A solid understanding of business principles and human rights are essential to make strategic recommendations.
The successful candidate will be required develop and implement wellness initiatives and strategies to improve the health and well-being of employees using preventive means that provide measurable results. This position will be held at our Head Office in Winnipeg, MB.
- Establish and help build relationships between employees, managers, and other colleagues while coaching the importance of teamwork, communication, and proper workplace etiquette
- Assist the Human Resource Manager and Director with employee complaints while performing employee investigations to offer strategic recommendations.
- Serves as point of contact for employees who may be having external difficulties that could affect job performance, while directing employee to use the Employee Assistant Program
- Acts as a neutral party through all aspects of an investigation and promotes a fair and neutral process for all parties involved
- Create a positive employee experience while maintaining and promoting company culture
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality on all office and investigation proceedings
- Create and establish employee touchpoints to measure negative/positive feedback from the employees
- Develop marketing material and promote wellness programs in collaboration with corporate EAP
- Communicates and consults regularly with the Director of Human Resources with updates regarding the status of allegations, complaints received, and investigations in progress
- Keep apprised of new developments and best practices in the fields of Human Rights
- Establishes effective tools with the goal of streamlining, improving communications, and reducing barriers between departments
- Encourage leadership team to have clear and straightforward conversations with their employees about their strengths, limitations, development needs, and career aspirations and to develop mentoring coaching relationships with key talent
- Improve management knowledge and understanding of employment law and company policies
- Work with leadership team to swiftly resolve individual performance/capability issues using appropriate tools such as improvement plans
- Create and establish employee engagement programs
- Maintain relationship with account representative for Employee Assistance Program
- Certificate in Human Resources or Psychology is required
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in Employee Relations and Conflict Resolution
- Experience in business consulting considered an asset
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Good understanding and knowledge of current Human rights principals and best practices
- Must be detail oriented, analytical, problem solver and creative thinker
- Highly committed to creating a harmonious and positive experience for all employees
Ironclad Developments Inc. offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive group benefits/pension plan. Position start date is tentative for immediate placement. Interested candidates are requested to submit resume, qualifications, certificates and references for consideration to the attention of Human Resources. Please include salary expectations with your cover letter. We thank all candidates in advance however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Conflict Resolution: 3 years (Preferred)
- Employee Relations: 3 years (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Preferred)