*This position is a full time temporary position for the 2021 season starting March 1, 2021 to approximately September 15, 2021.*
– Train horses by riding racehorses daily to condition them at Assiniboia Downs 3975 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3K2E9
– Adjust and apply specialized racing equipment, adhere to various stop and start points, using exceptional riding skills required to control 1100lb equine athletes, on a track experiencing large volume traffic
– Ride into and break horse out of metal starting gate for morning workouts attaining instant high speed in a short distance.
– Must have been licensed as an Exercise Rider on a recognized track for 3 years
– Must be able to preform duties in a stressful racetrack environment
– Must be able to provide a Criminal Record Check.
– Must weigh 160lbs or less for safety, humane treatment of horse and ethics of industry
– No formal education requirement
– Accommodations available on grounds
– Workplace insurance and health coverage provided equivalent to Provincial Health Program.
WAGE – $23.08 per hour
HOURS – 30 hours per week
LANGUAGE OF WORK – English
Please email applications to the attention of Shannon Dawley, Office Manager, HBPA of Manitoba at firstname.lastname@example.org