Requisition ID: 156601
Position Number: 20009974
Posting End Date: November 6, 2020
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Nutrition and Food Services
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date – End Date: ASAP – 05/16/2021
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends; On Call
Daily Hours Worked: 3.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $15.516, $15.982, $16.461, $16.955, $17.464, $17.988
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
The incumbent participates in the preparation assembly and distribution of patient meal service following safe food handling practices. Assembles the meal trays accurately according to defined portion size and tray ticket. Prepares and portions food items as indicated on tallies, prep charts and nourishment labels. Stocks and replenishes food and supplies in designated areas. Cleans and sanitizes equipment, smallwares and service areas. Labels and delivers carts to designated areas. Participates in Quality Assurance Programs.
- Previous experience in food service.
- Minimum Grade 10, Manitoba Standards required.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Valid Food Handlers Certificate required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English effectively, with the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- The strength demands of the job are rated as medium handling 20 to 45 lbs. The vast majority of the strength demands are between 10 to 20 lbs.
- Position involves bending, gripping, lifting, pushing, pulling and standing for long periods of time. Working in a cold environment (3-10 degrees), and/or warm environment. Exposure to chemical cleaning supplies.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing tasks and demonstrate accurate hand eye coordination with manual dexterity in both hands.
- Ability to work as a team member and independently in a time sensitive environment.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.