Requisition ID: 155921
Position Number: 20039048
Posting End Date: November 3, 2020
Site: WRHA Corporate
Work Location: WRHA Corporate
Department / Unit: Central Distribution Overflow
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date – End Date: 11/19/2020 – Indefinite
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor the Shipper/Receiver is responsible for all incoming and outgoing shipping and receiving for the facility, asset management, loss prevention, facility security, facility safety, and timely fulfillment of all WRHA directives and projects.
- One (1) year experience in Shipping/Receiving required / two (2) years preferred. A combination of other relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience operating a forklift and ride-on pallets jacks required.
- Experience in Supply Chain Management an asset.
- Minimum Grade 12 education or Manitoba standards equivalency required.
- A combination of relevant education will be considered.
- Completion or enrollment in Logistical Supply Chain Management courses is an asset.
- Must possess a current certificate from the Manitoba Safety Council or equivalent in-house training certificate for Forklift Truck Operator classes I, III, IV, V. These certificates must be maintained in good standing.
- Knowledge of regulations under the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act required.
- Certificate in Workplace Hazardous Material Information System, or successfully obtain certificate within three (3) months of employment. These certificates must be maintained in good standing.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) certification upon employment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software programs (i.e. Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)) required.
- BPSP–SAP Supply Chain software experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset.
- Knowledge of International supply chain procedures is an asset.
Abilities and Skills:
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to utilize time management skills to fulfill the duties of the Shipper/Receiver position.
- Detail oriented and the ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform both independently and as a team player.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the WRHA and its partners.
- Physical ability to tolerate constant standing, walking, bending, lifting (55 lbs), pushing, and pulling, and assist in moving items up to 2000 lbs.
- Ability to tolerate temperature variations.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
Salary commensurate with education and qualifications.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.