Who we are
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators—at all Ubisoft studios—to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch Dogs. Our vanguard studio is on the hunt for passionate and experienced innovators to lead our inspired team in the creation of leading-edge technology in one of Canada’s fastest growing cities for game and tech development. Join the family!
Who you are
As a Technical Producer, you’ll work closely with our shared tech teams to produce a roadmap, and then help them bring it to life. You’ll be supporting multiple agile teams with different specialties – i.e. backend, test/build, dev-ops, tools, etc. While you won’t be programming with them, you’ll need to speak their language and always be on the look-out for cross team opportunities.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the Director of Technology to manage requirements, development, and maintenance of technical initiatives
- Work with the Managing Director and team leads to produce realistic schedules and milestone plans for the technical engineering teams
- Communicate with senior management on all development status, and collaborate with discipline directors to solve problems and mitigate risk
- Identify and communicate all roadblocks or bottlenecks that may prevent teams from achieving established goals within their sprints/milestones
- Provide data to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverable requirements are realistic and achievable
- Own operational aspects of project development, including establishing development frameworks, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, resource management, and budgeting
What you bring
- Comprehensive understanding of game development, from concept to submission and sustained development post-launch
- Track record of successful project planning and timely delivery of quality projects
- Proficiency in MS Office and project management software skills, e.g. Hansoft, Jira
- Previous and demonstrated experience working under rapid development cycles
- Experience managing co-development partnerships, integrating disparate production process, and supporting remote teams and team members
- Experience working on and managing highly technical teams
- Flexibility, support and willingness to manage the impact of change
- Positivity and self-initiative
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the emerging technologies that will define the next generation of gaming
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Winnipeg, we are creative to our core. We believe it is not work experience, education or training alone that qualify you to work on our team. A deep passion to build and create, a personal arsenal of innovative solutions to problems developed from an inner calling – we place considerable worth in your personal accomplishments because we recognize that the value they bring to our creative, innovative culture is immeasurable.
We believe our diversity is our strength. We recognize and celebrate a variety of perspectives, opinions, opportunities, and voices. We embrace our differences and draw from them to build our collaborative family culture. We believe we are stronger together.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.