The TransX Group of Companies is one of the largest providers of premier integrated transportation and logistics services across North America. With 9 locations across Canada and the USA, approximately 1800 team members and over 4000 trucks,trailers, and containers, our team is dedicated to building strong business relationships and providing service excellence to support our customer’s business needs.
TransX team members demonstrate a high level of initiative, commitment to customer service excellence, passion for providing innovative solutions and achieving results. TransX will set the industry standard for safety, service and customer satisfaction in all market segments in which it operates. TransX supports team members in achieving their potential, and values relationships build or trust, respect and integrity.
our goal is to be the premier provider of rail centric transportation solutions to North America’s business community. It begins with employing, retaining and developing the best employees in the industry.
For more information visit www.transx.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
If you have a strong commitment to customer service, have a great attitude and personal leadership skills, and want to join a dynamic team in a fast paced and rewarding environment, we may have the career opportunity for you.
The TransX Group of Companies has an exciting opportunity for a Trailer Technician to join the Maintenance department in our Winnipeg facility. Trailer Technicians are responsible for the inspection, diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of our highway trailer equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
The successful candidate will:
- Replace/repair components on the body, trailer, chassis and containers to include roofs, panels, side posts, rail splice/replacement, door header and doors, sub-frames, floors, prop legs, landing gear and accident repairs
- Repairs on trailers may include welding and complex component changes (frame, rebuilds, etc)
- Diagnose, repair and maintain trailers; suspension, tires, axles and lighting systems
- Recognize additional maintenance and repairs that could/should be performed and escalate for further review
Shift: Monday to Thursday; 4:00 p.m. to 2:30 am
The successful candidate must be a licensed technician with the following:
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience working on chassis and trailers
- Welding and fabrication considered a strong asset
- Government Inspector License (preferred, not mandatory)
Desired skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in the diagnosis and troubleshooting of trailer components and systems
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Team player
- Ability to clearly communicate problems and solutions to others
- Detail orientated
- Superior problem solving skills
- A positive attitude and a high level of professionalism
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package. A career with the TransX Group of Companies provides you with the opportunity to develop your own potential. Entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged and success is rewarded. We operate with the philosophy that the company is successful when its employees are successful.
If you have a passion for results, and want to grow your career with a dynamic and growing industry leader, please submit your resume with cover letter by clicking on the APPLY BUTTON above.
TransX is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the individual and collective growth of our employees and a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.