We are seeking Independent Contactors or Owner Operators to deliver freight within the Winnipeg marketplace.
Owner Operators will deliver approximately 100 packages of assorted dimensions, weight and insured value per day. Deliveries are completed at ‘Safe Drops’ in commercial and residential locations. Our schedule is flexible with opportunity to deliver on weekdays and weekends. Freight is picked up at our warehouse on Hervo Street in the Fort Garry Industrial Park.
Revenue is earned at a per package rate with a fuel surcharge. Revenue per package will increase with increased weight. Remuneration is paid via EFT on a biweekly schedule.
- Must have own, reliable vehicle with 3rd party liability and cargo loss insurance
- Valid Class 5 license.
- Clean driver’s abstract.
- Mobile phone with data for communication with dispatch and delivery application use.
- Ability to walk, drive, and lift and carry heavy items (50 lbs.)
- Knowledge of Winnipeg.
- Flexibility in delivery area and delivery schedule with availability between 8:00am and 9:00pm.
- Clean criminal background check.
- Able to read, write, and clearly communicate in English.
- Load, transport, and deliver items to clients or businesses in a safe, timely manner.
- Adhere to assigned routes and follow time schedules
- Previous experience as a delivery driver an asset.
If this role is of interest to you, please send us your resume and availability.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Gloves and masks available
- Courier Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Class 5 License (Required)
- & clean criminal record check (Preferred)
- common carrier local insurance? (Preferred)
- Loading the delivery vehicle from a staging area
- Delivering to residential locations
- Delivering to commercial locations
- Heavy lifting