Under general direction and while demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Values and Management Philosophy of St. Boniface Hospital, the program assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to a Program to perform payroll functions and assist with the effective planning and management of staffing levels and human resources.
- Three (3) years’ experience in staff scheduling, vacation planning, maintaining clinical baseline staffing, time and attendance, payroll reporting and corrections, master rotation compliance, processing termination, transfers and new hires.
- Grade XII or recognized equivalent.
- Successful completion of a recognized Business Administration certificate/diploma program. A major in Administration or Office Management is preferred.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience, as deemed recognized by the Hospital, may be considered in lieu of the above.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, with advanced skills in Excel)
- Must have the ability to set up spreadsheets and databases as required.
- Knowledge in developing and maintaining master rotations.
- Coordination and administering vacation planning with managers.
- Knowledge of SAP and ESP definite asset.
- Strong understanding of MNU and CUPE Collective Agreements and maintaining rotations & baseline staffing that is compliant with the Collective Agreement.
- Keyboarding speed: 55 wpm
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and the initiative to follow through on matters independently.
- Ability to retain information which is of a confidential nature.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work with accuracy/attention to detail.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Mature, professional manner.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
Job Segment: Public Health, Healthcare