Requisition ID: 163861
Position Number: 20028634
Posting End Date: December 15, 2020
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Operations
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.50
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Salary: $17.967, $18.506, $19.061, $19.633, $20.222, $20.829
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
The incumbent is responsible for performing daily diet office duties including:
- accurately processes changes to the patient card file (diet changes, food preferences, admissions and discharges) in the dietary software system in a timely manner.
- prints and distributes tray tickets, labels and reports as required.
- maintains statistical information, filing, and month end records according to record retention guidelines as applicable.
- communicates effectively and clearly with all staff through verbal (face to face or telephone), fax or email.
- participates in Quality Assurance Programs.
- Previous experience in food service preferred.
- Experience dietary software (CBORD Nutrition Services Suite) and excel spreadsheets.
- Grade 12 or equivalent, Manitoba standards required.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Valid Food Handler Certificate required.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English effectively, with the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook – minimum 70% in each area).
- May be required to assist with meal tray preparation.
- May be required to assist with transport of meal carts.
- Use of computer terminal, fax and telephone for long periods of time. I
- Involves some intermittent standing, walking and carrying.
- Ability to work as a team member and independently in a time sensitive environment.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.