Contributes to resident care and well-being by maintaining a clean, sanitary and attractive environment in all areas. Carries out assigned duties in accordance with designated department policies and procedures
- Some experience preferred, but not essential.
- Grade 10.
- It is recommended that, at minimum, staff possess the Family & Friends category of training.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of the English language consistent with the demands of the position.
- Must know how to use common housecleaning devices such as brooms, mops, floor waxes, polishers and scrubbers.
- Works within the Centre’s core values, philosophy, vision, C.Q.I. goals, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with residents, visitors and other facility personnel.
- Must be able to work well under minimum supervision, showing organization, adaptability and judgement.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing education and participates in professional activities for personal and professional growth.
- Physical health to meet the requirements of the position.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act , the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Public Health, Healthcare