Year-round position 12 month rolling contract starting March 1, 2021.
Lorette Golf Course is a nine-hole golf course located just a short 15-minute drive south east of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Over recent years our golf course has established a strong reputation with Winnipeg golfers for the quality of our golf course, which is highlighted by our immaculate greens and lush fairways. As a business, we are committed to continually improving course conditions and exceeding customer expectations by providing the highest standards and best golfing experience each day.
There are many positive things happening at Lorette Golf Course. New equity investors have joined the existing owners of the golf course. The new investors will continue to invest in the golf course and continue to improve the facilities, equipment, and golf carts. The new investors are also involved in the building of a 55+ housing complex as part of the River Ridge housing development next to the golf course. The 55+ complex should be started in 2021. Additionally, there will be large single-family lots available for our golfing guests, who want to build their dream home and live next to our beautiful golf course
The housing development brings not only positives to the course but also the town of Lorette. With our superintendent role will move to a yearly 12-month role as the superintendent will assist in the ground’s maintenance of the rental properties in the River Ridge development owned by the new investors in Lorette Golf Course.
We see this role as a great opportunity for an existing Golf Course Superintendent who is looking for a new challenge or an experienced Assistant Superintendent who is looking to take their next step in their career.
Additional to the golf course maintenance duties, the golf course superintendent, with the support of the General Manager will lead of a small team of staff, additional to our grounds team who are responsible for the golf course grounds as well as the grow ins of the grassed areas and tree planting in the public areas of the development. We expect work to start in this area in the later summer/fall of 2021.
Role Objective: Responsible for maintaining the golf course and surrounding areas within set budget parameters and In line with our property standards and maintenance policy. Also responsible for maintaining equipment and other golf course physical assets. This is to be accomplished in a safe environment for the employees.
- Maintains course at a high level of playing conditions. Responsible for the overall maintenance and beatification the entire golf course property. In line with our property standards and maintenance policy.
- Hires, trains, and supervises all personnel working on grounds. Is also accountable for disciplinary action of personnel reporting to him if required.
- Prepares and implements safety standards for grounds staff and ensures that staff are professionally trained on the safety standards and training is documented.
- Responsible for the PPM maintenance of the entire fleet of equipment owned and operated by LGC
- Maintains repair logs on all equipment and carts in line with standard operating procedures for our grounds and maintenance department.
- Responsible for the overall annual budget and agreed to tasks completion timelines.
- Manages course construction and maintenance within approved budgets
- Ensures that the maintenance yard is properly organized and clean.
- Ensures that in situations of rain or severe weather that the appropriate actions are taken to bring the course back to playing conditions as soon as possible.
- Selects and prepares proper fertilizers and other chemicals for use on golf course and maintains detailed records of schedules indicating fertilizer and chemical application.
- Ensures that LGC conforms to all laws relating to chemicals and submits relevant paperwork to keep our license in good standing.
- Recommends upgrades, modifications etc. to the course and equipment.
- Provides advice regarding expansion plans and other activities being assessed by the corporation.
Regarding the multi phases housing development
- Manages a small team of staff to complete the public area grow in of grass and tree planting around the development. Minimum of 10 years expectation of work in this area
- Maintain grounds of the rental properties owned by the Lorette Golf Course owners within the development.
- Assist in the cleaning of the roads and some grounds maintenance in the development during housing construction.
The successful applicant should possess the following:
- Turf Management degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized educational institution
- Strong knowledge of turf grass management, fertilizer and pesticide application
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and a drive to provide a quality golf course that exceeds customer’s expectations
- Experience in the safe and responsible operation of golf course equipment
- The ability to hire, train, lead and motivate staff with a hands-on approach to the job
- The ability to work within budgets and manage budget requirements
- Mechanical experience to work on equipment repairs
- Experience with irrigation system operation and repair
- A valid Manitoba Pesticide Applicator’s license or the ability to obtain one
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the turf grass industry.
- Knowledge of IPM practices
- A valid driver’s license
The selected candidate will gain significant experience in golf course operations, golf course construction and project management in this role.
The Starting Salary for the position will be 60-65k (Negotiable dependent on experience)
Additional benefits include
- MGSA association fees + any training courses to upskill the superintendent’s skills or knowledge will be paid or contributed to by the company
- Regular pay reviews based on individual and company performance
- Staff discounts given off food in our clubhouse
- Mileage/fuel covered for any travel for golf course business
Our expectation is that this role will be a long-term position and It is our hope that the successful candidate will work alongside our General Manager to achieve our long-term business goals.
We hope to start the interview process over the next few weeks with the hope to conclude the interview process in January 2021
Expected start date: 2021-03-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Golf Course: 4 years (Required)