Processing of instruments, utensils, and respiratory equipment in preparation for sterilization.
Maintaining an understanding of the dynamics of sterilization and an ability to operate any sterilization system in use within the department including preparing the device for a particular sterilization technique, operating the sterilizer, and processing monitoring readings, error codes and quality assurance for load releases.
Maintaining an understanding of and adhering to Quality Policies and Procedures.
Preparing linen bundles for the Operating Rooms.
Handling and transporting sterile supplies throughout the Centre. Must apply inventory rotation and sterility maintenance principles.
Interacting in person and/or on the telephone with hospital personnel to ensure supply issues are met.
Picking up and transporting soiled instruments and equipment throughout the Centre, ensuring infection control principles are followed.
- Current Sterile Processing experience preferred.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a Sterile Processing Technician program required.
- Must understand and apply safety principles to self, staff and patients, and demonstrate good customer service.
- Not Applicable
Qualifications and Skills
- Work involves frequent exposure to infectious body and blood borne organisms when working with soiled equipment, and toxic effects when working with ETO sterilizers and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) products.
- Position involves meticulous attention to detail with regards to technical and mechanical ability.
- Must maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Pushing and pulling sterilizer carts and supply carts as required.
- Walking is a major portion of activity when sterilizing and transporting.
- Bending and stooping.
- Loading and unloading of carts.
- Lifting and positioning of articles in excess of 14 pounds (i.e. OR instrument pans, etc.).
- Repetitive hand arm and shoulder motions and long periods of standing.
- Potential for burns from working with steam sterilizers and hot carts.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act , the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Medical, Medical Technologist, Respiratory, Sterile Processing, Medical Device, Healthcare