12 days old
Batesville Logistics Inc
Winnipeg, MB R3B
A Driver/CSR 26000 lbs in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canadais responsible for driving a Commercial Motor Vehicle in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as company policies and procedures to transport products to customer locations in a safe, timely, and courteous manner.
Who we are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service, and innovation. For more than 100 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love. With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset, and we strive to attract, hire and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
Batesville is an operating company of Hillenbrand. Hillenbrand (www.Hillenbrand.com) is a global diversified industrial company with businesses that serve a wide variety of industries around the world. We pursue profitable growth and robust cash generation to drive increased value for our shareholders. Hillenbrand’s portfolio includes industrial businesses such as Coperion, Milacron Injection Molding & Extrusion, and Mold-Masters, in addition to Batesville, a recognized leader in the death care industry in North America. Hillenbrand is publicly traded on the NYSE under “HI.”
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following.
- Safely operate Commercial Motor Vehicles ranging from straight truck to delivery van
- Deliver and unload caskets in a safe manner
- Develop and nurture customer relationships
- Effectively meet CSC and customer demands
- Responsible for local operational performance in the following areas: DOT regulations, health and safety, vehicle inspection and maintenance, work standards, procedures and policies, and customer satisfaction
- Other duties may be assigned
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Travel is generally not required but may include some overnight travel depending on the location and route.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal communication
- Professional appearance
- Positive attitude
- Diligent attention to safety
- Diligent attention to detail
- Team player
- Clean MVR
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including any days, shift, and weekends to ensure that the customer demand is met
- Ability to build and maintain effective customer relationships
- Must pass a vehicle road test
- Must maintain a current DOT physical and keep on file with issuing state motor vehicle department
- Ability to lift 150 pounds from floor to waist and 20 pounds above the shoulders
- Ability to push caskets up to 300 lbs. on a shelf (approximately 90 lbs of force required) onto and off of a lift gate
- Ability to lift, one end at a time, a 300 lb. casket onto or off of a platform or church truck at the funeral home
- Ability to lower a casket from the standing (upright) position onto a bed of a roll loader. This could be up to 70 lbs of weight.
- Ability to lift miscellaneous equipment and product weighing up to 60 lbs
- 3 years of delivery experience
- Customer service experience
- Class B CDL
- Previous CDL driving experience
- Experience with computers
What We Offer
- Generous 401 K Matching Program – 4% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of pay saved*
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for development and advancement
- Bonus eligibility
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.
Posted: 2021-02-03 Expires: 2021-03-04