At Day & Ross, you’ll go far.
From a single truckload of potatoes in the 1950s to a fleet of thousands, Day & Ross has become one of the largest transportation companies in Canada. With more than 8,000 employees, drivers, and owner operators, we’re a major player in cross-border and LTL/TL transportation, offering a diverse portfolio of transport and logistics solutions across North America.
For over a decade, we’ve been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, and we were named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation in 2018 and 2019. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
About the Role
Our business is growing! We are currently looking for full-time Dock Workers at our Winnipeg, Manitoba location. We offer competitive pay, extensive health & dental benefits plan and company matched pension.
How You’ll Help
- Moving and handling large and cumbersome freight in a dock environment (50-75 lbs)
- Operating a forklift in congested areas
- Ensuring compliance with TDG, WHMIS, company policies/procedures and specific requirements
- Utilizing proper handling techniques to ensure the customer’s freight is protected from damage
- Ensure all freight is efficiently received and shipped in accordance with company procedures
- Organize and direct inbound and outbound freight to city and line haul trailers
- Assisting with administrative duties related to shipments.
Your Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Forklift certification considered an asset
- Experience working on a busy cross dock environment or working with heavy machinery considered an asset
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
- Self-motivated and results focused
Please note that the successful candidate will be asked to provide reference and criminal background checks prior to employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.