Pacific Lifestyle Homes— a growing Pacific NW homebuilder located in Vancouver, WA seeks an experienced Drafting professional. We are looking for a team member who is detailed, resourceful, knowledgeable and enjoys a busy work environment. This position is open due to continued growth.
This is a full-time role with a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision and retirement savings benefits. This position is also eligible for profit sharing.
An ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and thrives on making positive contributions to Company goals while exemplifying our core values including: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Candor and Humility.
Our work environment is team-oriented, supportive and customer-centered. PLH employees take great pride in their work and have a genuine enthusiasm for seeing customers’ dreams realized. To learn more, please see our website: www.pacificlifestylehomes.com
For additional information about PLH’s Company Culture, we invite you to view the video at the following link: https://youtu.be/2sNbXsz8D8c
Drafter Responsibilities Include:
Researching and finding plats or surveys; familiar with local GIS
Recreating lot lines
Developing options for house placement and orientation
Ensuring agency submittals are complete and accurate
Generating site layout options
Following OR and WA permitting procedures
Modifying existing plan documents
Expediting the permitting process by working with city/county staff
Providing support to onsite builders; developing time sensitive details and drawings as requested
Creating, organizing and cataloging work for computer access
Incorporating engineering details into plan documents
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates degree with 1-3+ years of applicable drafting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Residential construction industry drafting experience (production building environment) is preferred.
- Customer service skills; ability to establish rapport.
- Advanced verbal and written communication abilities.
- Professional demeanor; ability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills; must effectively handle multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Familiar with building codes and permitting standards in WA and OR.
- Experience with MS Office programs –Word, Excel and Outlook and conducting internet research.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Enthusiasm for new projects and learning opportunities.
- Previous experience in construction field (including hands-on work—EX: framing) is a plus.
This is a regular full-time position. Reference check, background check and a pre-employment drug screen are steps in the hiring process.
For consideration, please forward:
1) A completed Career History Form* (Application) found at the following link:
Note—for consideration, please submit a Career History Form.
2) Upload your résumé and cover letter.
If you have questions about the application process, inquire via email with our recruiter by applying to this posting.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer