Fountain Tire is looking for an experienced Corporate Sales Manager to join the Sales team working out of Manitoba with a territory of the Manitoba.
s that support a balanced lifestyle, including flex days
Why work for Fountain Tire?
- We are a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- We are one of the 10 largest independent tire dealers in North America, and recipient of many Customer Service and Best Business Awards
- We continually strive to expand our operations in existing markets, as well as new markets and currently, we have over 160 stores from BC through Ontario
The Corporate Sales Manager will work to grow sales of Commercial and OTR Tires of large fleet accounts that impact Fountain Tire Stores.
Regular duties will include:
- Lead solicitation efforts in assigned market(s) including R.F.I.s and R.F.P.s
- Establish solicitation schedule for each large customer including how to team up with suppliers and stores (e.g. Goodyear)
- Communicate product and pricing needs with Marketing to be competitive in the market.
- Complete all assigned reports including but not limited to daily call reports, monthly schedule, top fleets report, etc…
- Act as a professional sales resource to stores as required.
- Act as a liaison for Corporate Sales and supplier National Account Programs.
- Prepare Tire Management programs for applicable customers:
- Tire Price/ Tire Cost analysis
- Value added items, tire utilization, and performance plan to be reviewed with the customer at regular intervals.
- With the Supply Chain Team determine an Inventory Plan for the customer that includes:
- The specific product the customer utilizes on a regular basis.
- Which stores need to consistently carry the aforementioned product and quantities.
- Coordinate Quarterly Sales Review Sessions with the Director of Corporate Sales.
- Prepare and Execute Communication Plans for applicable customers and their programs to store level.
- Acquire, document, and keep current all pertinent information of the customer
- 3 X 3 Contact List
- Customer Specifications
- Head Office/Depot Location Information
- Establish each customer’s potential sales and annual targets
- Develop an in depth business relationship with all stakeholders (e.g. customer, stores, program people).
- Participate in sales meetings, conference calls, conferences, trade shows, customer events and seminars as required.
- Prepare input into Fountain Tire company sales and product forecasts.
- Participate in all safety initiatives, as required or assigned, to guarantee safety at Fountain Tire.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
The necessary experience, knowledge, skills and abilities required in the role:
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders and customers; this includes excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- 5 years’ experience in the truck tire or fleet industry (Commercial / OTR Tires)
- Ability to travel 50% of the time (some of that will be local travel) working out of Kelowna
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively present information to customers
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business and 5 years of sales experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Proven ability to effectively lead, manage and work within a team environment
- Strong analytical skills required to gather information, resolve issues and evaluate possible solutions
- Solid organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize numerous projects and competing demands
- Strong working knowledge of the computer and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work evenings or weekends, and travel to various locations as required
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license, and provide a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract from province of residence
- Ability to actively use proven sales processes
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply on-line.