Wawanesa Mutual Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada with $3 billion in annual revenues and assets of more than $9 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada. With over 3,500 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders through nine regional offices and 41 service offices in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We are currently looking for dedicated , driven , and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience, advancement on a growing team.
Working under minimal supervision, this job will be part of our Core Application Delivery team and contributes to Wawanesa success by designing, documenting, testing and supporting system solutions to meet business stakeholder requirements.
- Lead the analysis, design and documentation of both system and business requirements for application enhancements and projects.
- Lead requirement sessions with business and system teams.
- Communicate system solutions in business and technical terms.
- Collaborate with multiple functions to ensure quality software.
- Provide technical and business leadership for developers and Analysts.
- Lead the resolution of system and business requirement issues.
- Create test plans and estimates inclusive of evaluating and providing analysis on requirements documentation and identifying key areas of testing.
- Lead changes to process and procedure improvements.
- Follow established practices, processes and guidelines.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on current system standards and IS department established methodologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Five years’ experience performing systems or business analysis.
- Completion of post-secondary degree/certificate or equivalent experience.
- Advanced analysis and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize a busy workload.
- Advanced attention to detail skills to produce high quality deliverables that accounts for all areas involved.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with style fitting for the audience and message.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, with the ability to develop and implement plans by prioritizing and multi-tasking.
- Good leadership skills to provide support and guidance to team members.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge in agile practices, scrum, kanban and continuous delivery.
- Experience in programming languages is considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in insurance industry is considered an asset.
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful , challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.
Accommodations are available as needed for all applicants.