Do you like people almost as much as pizza? This affinity should be effortless at Skip. We’ve created a warm, friendly, and exciting atmosphere brimming with talent from across the globe. Help us continue to change people’s lives by providing an exceptional experience for potential, new, and existing team members throughout their employee lifecycle.
Get experience that matters at one of North America’s fastest growing companies.
We are looking for high performers who want to learn and grow with us as we expand internationally and empower local restaurants, couriers, and users.
If you are passionate about your work, want a high level of responsibility from day one, and value the opportunity for rapid advancement then Skip is the place for you.
SkipTheDishes is seeking to hire a Talent Acquisition Specialist, to support our talent acquisition team and help place qualified candidates faster for the Corporate, Canadian Market, Technology, Product and Data teams. This role will be reporting to the Talent Acquisition Lead Advisor – Corporate & Canadian Market.
The successful candidate will work directly with the talent acquisition team and other key stakeholders within the business. They will build strong sourcing techniques with a good understanding of how and where to secure top talent as well as building strong talent pools and pipelines.
What Is On Your Plate:
- Responsible for building a strong talent pipeline for SkipTheDishes current and future staffing needs, which will include; sourcing both active and passive candidates, building research lists, pre-screening candidates, scheduling interview and presenting offers.
- Using social media networks and different research methods (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Indeed, Twitter, Boolean) to look for and connect with potential candidates.
- Reviewing online portfolios and resumes to pre-screen candidates.
- Utilizing applicant tracking system to review applicants, screen, reject and keep open job reqs up to date, always ensuring to log candidate information in our ATS and other internal databases.
- Consistently provide communication and open dialogue with candidates via email and phone.
- Measure and report on recruiting metrics, like source of hire and time-to-fill.
- Ask for referrals from internal and external networks for hard-to-fill roles.
- Contact past applicants for new job opportunities.
- Develop a network of potential candidates and industry professionals.
- Be a business partner of recruitment; provide added value to the TA team by building strong pipelines of candidates for both current and future roles.
Recipe For Success:
- 5+ years of sourcing recruitment experience with an agency or in-house.
- Strong sourcing techniques; understanding how and where to find talent.
- Post secondary education or combined related work experience in Sales, Human Resources.
- Familiarity with resume databases, ATS, social networks and professional sites.
- Firm understanding of how to attract the passive candidate.
- Ability to build talent pools/pipelines.
- Ability to multitask and handle various positions simultaneously.
- Exceptional verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- A keen eye for details.
- Ability to write business and recruiting emails.
- Assisting in the development of interview questions for screening candidates.
- Advanced computer skills (G Suite computer software including Docs, Sheets and Slides, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Hangouts, Slack, Google Meet).
- Excellent time-management, organizational and planning skills with the ability to work within tight timelines while delivering results.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in the technology industry is a definite asset.
- Have a positive energetic attitude with a high sense of urgency.
- Thrive in a rapidly evolving fast paced environment.
- Eager to contribute to the growth and development of the team.
- Receptive to feedback and challenging experiences.
- Actively involved in ongoing personal growth and learning.
What It’s Like to work At Skip:
Picture this: You, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a diverse team of friendly and passionate colleagues. Where we work to make sure all voices are heard, all differences valued, all people treated fairly. You take pride in knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a national food delivery platform with deep Canadian roots and its satisfied customers.
As the company grows, so do you — not only do you meet and surpass new challenges every day, but you have the opportunity to get involved, making a real difference in your and Skip’s future. With committees like Skip’s BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) Network and Women In Tech alongside our CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) work with organizations like Pride and United Way Winnipeg, you have the opportunity for not only your voice to be heard but for your actions to make an impact, joining a cause that you’re passionate about.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Skip The Dishes is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment activities and will work with all applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.