3 days old
Goldin and Stafford
Goldin & Stafford, one of the premier Excavation and Demolition Contractors serving the DC Metropolitan region is seeking an energetic and motivated Senior Estimator to join our team.
- Review bid drawings (Civil, Architectural, Structural, etc.) to determine the extent of the work scope in preparation of the estimate.
- Review Geotechnical Reports and Environmental Reports for soil analysis information and potential risks.
- Contact General Contractors to secure details for final estimate.
- Provide quantitative take-offs using AGTEK software and reviews take-offs of junior estimators to ensure accuracy.
- Provides oversight and guidance for estimators/junior estimators in conjunction with VP of Estimating.
- Review and define initial GC/internal work scopes as the estimate is assembled.
- Contact suppliers for cost information and material availability, as needed.
- Attend jobsite walkthroughs as part of the initial pre-bid process.
- Take photos of existing site conditions.
- Other tasks and duties, as assigned.
- Deals with multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, while meeting deadlines.
- Works under general supervision and oversight of VP of Estimating.
- Accountable for completing all assigned tasks accurately and timely.
- May work individually or on teams, as needed.
- Work Environment: Office (occasional visits to sites).
- Print, scan, distribute, files documents/plans.
- Organize and verify project folders are complete prior to turning-over to Operations
- Strong understanding of Civil and Structural plans and Division 2 work
- Ability to read plans/drawings and apply them to real scope requirements.
- Possess strong arithmetic skills (used for quantitative analysis).
- Computer skills: AGTEK experience (or related software like AutoCAD), Strong Microsoft Office knowledge, Excel (must be able to do basic formulas).
- Organized, detail oriented, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and tasks
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Management/Leadership/Coaching skills
- Team player – able to work in a team setting
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- STD, LTD, Life insurance
- Paid time off
Posted: 2021-05-12 Expires: 2021-06-11