The Quality Control Manager is responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing quality
control and quality assurance processes, procedures, and documentation associated with deliverablepreparation, tracking, and reviews for construction, fuels, environmental remediation and demolition.
Our mission: We are committed to building lasting relationships that reflect our hard work, ingenuity and dedication to safety. Every employee has an impact on our success, which benefits the Native culture, land and people of the Bristol Bay region.
Our values: People, Communities, Reputation, Teamwork, Trust, Truth
The Quality Control Manager ensures that project goals are achieved within the given timeframe and budget,
• Assist in preparing proposal technical approach and cost related to Quality Program
• Prepare Quality Control Project Plans, including Definable Features of Work, inspection
requirements, and testing plan. Prepare appropriate, targeted field forms associated with this
• Ensure compliance with Submittal requirements, including maintaining submittal logs, tracking
review/approval/resubmittal, and review of technical submittals as required based on subject
• Assist project team in preparing RFIs as necessary.
• Implement field 3-phase Quality Control process in accordance with USACE Construction Quality
Management for Contractors training.
• Document field quality deficiencies, and track via Deficiency Log through closeout.
• Build and lead a QC team of subject matter experts to execute successful job specific QC
• Work with field team to understand the timing and rationale for quality “hold points” for inspection
and testing. Plan with the field team to effectively implement the inspection and testing plan.
• Complete targeted Daily Quality Control Reports, notes of Preparatory and Initial Phase
meetings, and reports of deficiencies. The focus must be on features of the work inspected and
tested and the results of those inspections/testing, not field productivity.
• Report the status of quality program implementation to the Program Quality Control Manager,
with copies to PM and Site Superintendent.
• Based on experience and expertise, assist project team in resolving outstanding quality concerns.
Troubleshoot and problem solve as required on all projects.
• Qualified applicants must have a proven track record of meeting production, quality and customer
service standards in a fast paced construction environment.
Required Knowledge or Skills
• Management for contractors, and appropriate experience and expertise implementing inspection
and testing programs for remediation and construction projects.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Detail oriented problem solver.
• Direct experience with and established relationships with Federal clients.
• Ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically and creatively, draw conclusions and make
• Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, to prioritize and organize, work well under stress in a
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
• Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills to assist and communicate with staff and clients.
• Knowledge of and proficient in the use of USACE RMS system highly desired.
• Strong Excel and Word skills.
• Ability to perform tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
• OSHA 30 highly desired
• 40 Hour HAZWOPER a plus
• Extensive travel may be required
Preferred Knowledge or Skills
Prefer broad experience in a wide range of civil, vertical construction, demolition and environmental remediation. Prefer experience with updating corporate quality plans and developing project-specific quality control inspection/testing plans and field forms for a wide range of projects. Prefer a demonstrated track record of mentoring field quality technicians. At least five years Federal Government/Military experience. Demonstrated experience reading plans and specifications.