VAW Systems Ltd. is an international leader in the design and manufacturing of noise control and filtration equipment for fans and gas turbine engines. We have over a 40+ year history of building high quality products for customers around the world.
VAW is pleased to offer its employees competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision coverage and employer paid premiums. We also provide a company matched RRSP program, Employee Assistance Program, on the job training and potential for continuous long term employment and advancement within our organization.
VAW is looking for an experienced Sheet Metal Fabricator to join our fast paced, safety focused, custom manufacturing facility. We have an opening on our Monday to Friday Day Shift (7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.).
• Read engineering drawings, sketches and work specifications to be performed, and lay out, measure and mark sheet metal according to drawings or templates
• Operate machines such as shears, brakes, CNC plasma cutter, punches, and drill presses, to cut, bend, punch, drill, shape or straighten sheet metal
• Grind and buff seams, joints and rough surfaces
• Inspect product quality and installation to ensure conformance to specifications
• Install and use rigging and hoisting equipment
Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience working in a metal fabrication manufacturing environment is a requirement
• Ability to interpret drawings and sketches
• Ability to safely operate overhead crane and forklift
• Ability to safely use hand and power tools, including a metric tape measure
• Safety focused
• Possess the skills and abilities to consistently produce high quality products and ensure quality control is maintained to the established standards
• Must be organized, flexible, proactive and interact in a positive and respectful manner with co-workers
• Knowledge of industrial/commercial fans, noise control and HVAC systems are assets
• Knowledge of Lean principles an asset
• Dental Care
• Extended Health Care
• Vision Care
• Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• On-Site Parking
• RRSP Match
• Overtime Pay
Wage: Up to $25.62 per hour
If you feel you are the ideal candidate that is needed for this role, please send your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in VAW Systems, however only candidates who are already eligible to work in Manitoba will be considered. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.