VAW Systems is growing and currently seeking an energetic and sales minded individual to fill the role of Sales and Application Engineering . Working with our sales team in Winnipeg, this individual will be responsible for providing product design solutions for our customer’s noise control requirements. The ideal candidate thrives in a team environment, is an independent self-starter, and strives for excellence.
- Work with customers and internal team members to identify, develop and deliver value added, customer driven products and solutions.
- Provide sales support by acting as a liaison with customers (educating on product selection/use, providing feedback with regards to future contract status, questions or issues with quotations or Silencer Selection Software, etc.)
- Prepare accurate and concise quotations and submittal drawings that are devised to reflect the customers’ requirements
- Obtain a balance between satisfying customer needs with that of the need to achieve company objectives
- Manage assigned customer quotations (RFQ / RFI) under the supervision of the Sales Manager
- Facilitate Quotation / Contract Review Meetings as required
- Maintain accurate paperwork that communicates all project details and information to other departments
- Gain familiarity with market needs and trends through customer calls and industry contacts
Skills and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate would hold a degree in Architectural or Mechanical Engineering or a diploma in Engineering Building Design or Mechanical Technology and would also have a minimum of 3 years of work related experience
- Excellent English communication skills: verbal, reading comprehension, writing, negotiating and listening
- Customer and results focused, eager to learn, positive attitude and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Hands on problem solver, engaged leader and team player with exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Work-related experience and knowledge of industrial/commercial fans and noise control
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, MS Office
- Knowledge and experience working within an ERP system.