Under the general direction of the Manager AT and Orthotics, the incumbent is responsible for the effective, efficient management of the office, providing administrative and secretarial support, billing for services, as well as coordinating effective and efficient provision of clerical services to the AT and Orthotics Department. Duties include: the ongoing monitoring and execution of billing in the Department; assisting the Manager and/or Director in dealing with confidential human resources information (i.e. salaries, grievances, performance appraisals); coordinating meetings, attending and recording minutes; composing/typing a variety of correspondence, special projects, memoranda and reports, and confidential financial documents; performing miscellaneous administrative and secretarial duties; preparing materials for meetings; coordinating conferences/workshops; and the supervision and monitoring of the workload of the office support staff.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a recognized secretarial training program required.
- Certificate courses in supervision/administration/management preferred. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Typing 60 wpm.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Windows and Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, Publisher and PowerPoint required.
- Spreadsheet skills and Medical Terminology required.
- Experience with SAP and OPIE software preferred.
- 3 years previous experience in a senior secretarial position requiring considerable communication with senior level management staff and supervisory activity.
- Familiarity with the Health Sciences Centre internal structure, corporate policies and procedures, and physical layout preferred.
- Must have excellent English communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- The incumbent must be able to communicate with all levels of hospital personnel including executive staff, department heads and directors and front line staff.
- Must have decision making ability, good judgment, initiative, diplomacy, and the ability to coordinate work flow and develop efficiencies.
- Major issues would be referred to the Manager or Director.
- Must be able to function with limited guidance, supervision and monitoring.
- Frequent interruptions, noise and frequent review/revision of workload priorities.
- Fast paced, high stress environment with a heavy workload.
- Contact with staff, patients and public.
- Preference will be given to candidates competent in an Aboriginal language and/or knowledge in Aboriginal customs, beliefs, and practices.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Salary: Commensurate with education and qualifications
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).