Job Title: Box Office Agents (Part-time) – Winnipeg
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Ticketmaster is seeking individuals to fill the position of Part-Time Box Office Agents in Winnipeg –applicants looking for experience within the arts, entertainment, or live events are encouraged to apply, no ticketing experience is required. Students welcome –we’d love to help you get some job experience!
** Interested in working during the Canada Games? We would love to hear from you!
We are looking for individuals to work during this exciting event, from July 28 – August 13, 2017! **
Who we are …
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
The Role …
Box Office Agents are responsible for helping the public at a variety of venues selling tickets, providing ticketing information, and handling general questions related to the venues. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys the energy and vibe of live sporting and concert events, and who genuinely wants to help our valued customers have a great experience!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct in-person ticket sales at Box Office locations using the Ticketmaster computer system
- Balance and account for cash and credit card receipts from sales transactions
- Describe venue layouts and seating locations for our customers
- Organize and distribute \”will-call\” tickets
- Maintain exemplary customer service in accordance with Ticketmaster standards and policies, exercising professionalism and applying problem solving skills when satisfying customer concerns
- Foster and maintain a positive and team-oriented approach towards colleagues and the company
- Other duties as assigned
- Superior customer service skills, prior experience a strong asset
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Understanding of basic computer skills and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience with the Ticketmaster system is an asset but training will be provided
- General office and/or cash handling experience, preferred but not required
- Organized, detail oriented and able to manage a diverse and ever-changing environment
- Highly motivated, proactive self-starter who is able to work under pressure
- Able to work rotating shifts, including evenings and weekends
- A passion for live events and desire to ensure every customer experience is exceptional!
This is a casual part time job where hours are flexible and vary by month based on event activity, with shifts occurring mainly on evenings and weekends.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
If this opportunity sounds like you and you’d like to join the team at Ticketmaster, submit your resume and cover letter today! We thank all interested parties for their application, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Named us as one of the Top 40 North American companies in attracting and keeping top talent by LinkedIn, Live Nation is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing, and we offer a world of opportunity. Our Ticketmaster team doesn’t just embrace new technology, we develop ground-breaking software and applications to support our world-leading ticketing platform. Our mix of legendary and brand new venues and restaurants, including the House of Blues, offer an array of hospitality careers. And our unparalleled roster of artists are supported by diverse professionals in all facets of finance, marketing and other corporate operations.
Generous vacation, healthcare and retirement benefits are just the foundation of supporting our full-time, global workforce of more than 10,000. We offer continuing professional development in addition to tuition reimbursement. We also provide paid time off to bond with a new child (plus a bonus to help with expenses); paid time off to care for a sick child and to volunteer for causes that are important to you. Plus, working for the world’s largest live event and ticketing company means you’ll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games and other events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.