Position # 20026425
HRSS # INC000002871123
The Breast Health Centre offers patients timely access to integrated breast care services and specialists. The program ensures leading edge technology, quicker response times, best practice in treatment, as well as providing education and support to clients and their families.
The incumbent will provide general clerk and administrative support to the operations at the Breast Health Centre by supporting scanning in the electronic medical record, transcription to the surgical clinic, and general clerk support to the Intake desk and Lymphedema clinic. This includes, scanning all paperwork into the site’s EMR, providing accuracy and quality management techniques; transcription from dictated notes for the surgery clinic; patient contact scheduling appointments and liaising with physician offices. General front reception coverage as required. The successful incumbent will have an intuitive ability and is required to pay attention to detail to ensure all information in patient’s files are accurate and up-to-date.
- Two years administrative experience; working in a clinic environment would be an asset.
- Scanning and data entry experience
- Transcription experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Minimum keyboarding speed of 30 words per minute.
- Experience with Aria would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel)
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving and quality control skills.
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-moving environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).