We are proud to announce that Canada Life will become our company brand under which our three companies service – Great West Life, London Life, and Canada Life.
Together, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life have been in the business of keeping promises for over a century. The new Canada Life brand combines the strengths of all three – so we can better deliver on our purpose: To improve the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians.
We are excited about this journey. To find out more about our story, click here
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: London & Winnipeg
What We Do
As an independent assurance function, we assess risks and advise on improvements for the organization’s business processes, change initiatives, and financial controls. Our focus is on providing factual, meaningful results that add value to the organization and support our strategic direction. Our audit team is provided with a broad exposure to operations, systems, and management throughout the corporation, a wide variety of projects in a professional team-oriented environment, and the potential for impacting company processes and controls.
The Assistant Manager, Internal Audit can be located in either London, ON or Winnipeg, MB and is responsible for effective delivery of a portfolio of audits for Canada Life. As the Assistant Manager, you will support a team of Audit Professionals in executing detailed audit plans, that identify potential areas risk by assessing the adequacy of internal controls, determining compliance with government regulations and internal policies and procedures, evaluating efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and identifying improvement opportunities and working with business partners to ensure appropriate risk mitigation. As part of a team committed to innovation, you will take part in establishing new ways of working, such as agile auditing techniques and data analytics, to deliver high quality impactful audits.
- Carry out audit planning, test program development, execution and reporting, including:
- Identifying risk and assessing control adequacy;
- Recommending appropriate strategies to optimize risks, benefits and quality;
- Preparing audit reports for presentation to management;
- Using of agile auditing techniques and data analytics; and
- Managing time budgets for assigned audits and communicating status.
- Participate in certain Financial Controls testing and engagements that support our external auditors.
- Participate in special projects when required, such as application systems development or other corporate initiatives.
- Create and maintain a positive work environment.
- Cultivate business relationships and work collaboratively with other functional areas.
Qualifications and Competencies :
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or other related field.
- CPA designation completed or in progress.
- 3+ years audit experience is required. Experience working in a Big Four accounting firm or in the financial services industry is preferred.
- Strong project management skills demonstrated by ability to complete multiple projects with competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both verbal and written, including experience delivering difficult messages, interacting with all levels of the organization including executive management, and drafting formal audit reporting.
- Motivated, self-starter with a passion to learn and embrace new challenges.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply audit concepts in various functional areas.
- Experience with Excel and performance of data analytics.
- Knowledge of agile project management methodology and experience using the Lean Six Sigma approach for process improvement would be considered an asset.
- Limited travel may be required
View original article here Source