Wawanesa Mutual Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada with $3 billion in annual revenues and assets of more than $9 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada. With over 3,500 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders through nine regional offices and 41 service offices in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We are currently looking for dedicated , driven , and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience, advancement on a growing team.
Working under minimal supervision, the Business Transformation Specialist utilizes their in-depth property and casualty insurance experience in underwriting, sales, claims or billing by participating in business transformation initiatives being implemented within Wawanesa’s strategic framework.
- Provides property and casualty subject matter expertise to business initiatives with their input and guidance in the analysis of business practices in support of corporate initiatives
- Acts as a subject matter expert in strategic initiatives by partnering with Information Services in support of technology enablement
- Engages Regional Offices to ensure a complete understanding of business practices is accomplished
- Liaises with Executive Office Operations department to ensure strategic initiatives align with their strategies and goals
- Participates in business analysis and requirements sessions with project teams
- Contributes to process and procedure improvements with the Business Process Management team
- Develops and delivers project presentations to multiple business groups
- Monitors industry landscape to assess possible business practice improvements
- Develops and enhances productive business relationships by liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum seven years of property and casualty insurance experience with advanced knowledge in the area of Personal Property; knowledge of Farm and Commercial products would be an asset
- Completed CIP or equivalent Property and Casualty industry designation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to conduct detailed analysis of information, and to select and implement best solutions
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate at the right level for the intended audience
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, with the proven ability to work accurately within tight timelines and interact collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to develop relevant information and potential impacts
- Previous experience on corporate strategic initiatives or projects is considered an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Up to 50% travel to our branches/regional offices required
- Completion of Post Secondary education is considered an asset
- Willing and able to travel as required including to the United States
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful , challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.
Accommodations are available as needed for all applicants.
View original article here Source