As a First Cook at The North West Company (NWC), you are integral to the daily operations of the caf by assisting in the daily preparation and cooking of the caf and catering offering.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
The North West Company is a leading retailer to undeserved rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
• In the absence of the Executive Chef or at his direction create daily lunch specials, soups, and main menu preparation, order all supplies to insure adequate stock of food, paper goods, and chemicals are on hand without creating excessive waste;
• Cook and prepare menu items as customer demand warrants;
• Replenish caf items and estimates food requirements;
• Greet and take customer orders, handle cash exchanges through the cash register;
• Perform end of day cash duties and prepare daily deposit;
• Maintain set quality standards and ensure food is proportioned according to specification;
• Maintain safe food handling techniques; and
• Clean the kitchen, service area and caf space.
Desired Skills Experience:
• Must possess a High School diploma and a minimum of one year of cooking experience, or enrolled in a recognized culinary program;
• Demonstrated experience in the creation of daily specials and soups;
• Must possess a demonstrated passion for food with a focus on healthy cooking;
• Completion of an accredited food safety program is an asset;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to provide exceptional customer service to all levels of the organization;
• Ability to multi-task between short order cooking and interacting with customers;
• Highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision;
• Must possess proven organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills; and
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
Reports To: Executive Chef
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Education Not Specified
View original article here Source