Under the general supervision of and in collaboration with the Program Team Manager and while demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Values and Management Philosophy of St. Boniface General Hospital, the clinical resource nurse (CRN) is responsible for providing clinical expertise to nurses. The CRN assumes a leadership role in coordinating patient care within the health care team, ensuring quality patient care outcomes, and promoting an interprofessional patient centered approach to care based on best practice.
- Minimum two (2) years Cardiology Nursing and/or Medical Nursing and/or Cardiac Surgery Nursing experience required.
- Charge Nurse experience required.
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Advanced Assessment Course or Intensive Care Nursing Course required.
- Annual BLS level C registration/re-registration is required.
- Current CRNM registration required.
- Active participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
Scope of practice as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA)
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
Job Segment: Medical, Nursing, Cardiac, Clinic, Patient Care, Healthcare
View original article here Source