With our retail POS and management solutions found in over 20,000 stores, iQmetrix’s software is designed to power specialty retailers. From wireless dealers and repair shops to home goods, liquor stores, and everything in between, we support retailers who are focused on delivering a unique, personalized experience to their customers. You can find our offices in across Canada and the U.S. Learn more us at www.iQmetrix.com .
As part of iQmetrix’s Site Reliability Engineering team, you will be responsible for query tuning, SQL performance assessments and peer review of developer’s database coding.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server and web environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications and database transactions in application code as well as in stored procedures
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL)
- Designs, develops and normalizes database schema
- Provides maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, and integration of systems through database design
- Analyzes user needs and create corresponding database solutions
- Evaluates database design trade-off’s, impacts on user expectations and performance levels
- Performs as part of an agile team, utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices while collaborating frequently with other team members
- After hours work as needed
- 8+ years of experience with SQL Server
- Any experience with MongoDB
- Any experience with other database systems
- T-SQL querying ability
- An educational background in computer science or software engineering is an asset
- Familiarity with software release cycles is an asset
What Does it Take to Be a Part of Our Team?
- Communication skills and emotional intelligence are key. iQmetrix is looking for someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making decisions decision.
- People who love what they do; they’re passionate about their work.
- With interpersonal skills, a team member can build strong relationships from scratch. We love that.
- Be humble. We’re on the hunt for, someone who is not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Profit and loss are major influencers on organizational decisions and our team has to have the big picture in mind—always.
- Being a self starter is a huge asset. This means being able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility, and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment, will go a long way at iQmetrix. Keep in mind: the iQmetrix team works in open, collaborative office environments. Successful people can thrive in this style of workspace.
- People who can stick by their decisions, since they did what they thought was best, will fit well into the iQmetrix team. These people are also not afraid to admit to and learn from their mistakes.
Want to Join the Team?
If you are interested in a career with iQmetrix and are committed to striving for success, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
View original article here Source