Senior Software Developer, Technical Lead (Winnipeg or Toronto)
We are adding a Senior Software Developer, Technical Lead who will coordinate the team’s technology capability to compose effective solutions. The technical lead is a subject matter expert in the technology used to address business problems.
The technical lead works closely with the software development team, quality assurance, product owner and other stakeholders to move solutions from idea to implementation. The technical lead works closely with the Director of Applications to assign work, identify gaps, evaluate the performance of and mentor the development team.
- Identify and propose solutions for business and technical needs by working with business analysts, product owners and technical groups.
- Analyze software design requirements to determine feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with current solutions, architectural standards, and infrastructure environments.
- Assume technical ownership for features from concept to release through all phases of development including functional specifications, design, implementation, unit testing, system testing, performance testing, scalability testing and production support.
- Takes initiative to complete critical tasks; identifies bottlenecks and pain points and directs resources to address the challenges in a directed, methodical, cost-effective, and data-driven manner; leverages analytical experience to help build a road map to meet the needs of the stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding the systems and technologies they support.
- Support of in-house applications to ensure systems are stable and operate at peak performance.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge base in their technical field and continually help augment the team’s experiences and skills with the latest training, technologies, and techniques.
- Establish, evolve and follow best practices for all development, integration work and change management.
- Produce technical documentation to support development process and allow maintainability of code by others.
- Employ modern, Agile, and pragmatic programming practices and testing methods.
- Conduct and participate in meetings with development team, product owner, stakeholders, data security and other relevant personnel to facilitate the progress of development activities.
- Effectively lead a small Scrum team and collaborate well with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 7 years development experience with increasing technical responsibility in technologies such as .NET Framework, Entity Framework Core, Elastic Search, ECMAScript, Typescript, SQL Server development and tools, Web Services, AngularJS, Angular, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills applied alongside technical skills to identify and troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of cross-functional team to deliver timely results.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with Source Code version control tools.
- Experience supporting both development and production environments.
- Track record of leading features through development process and into production.
- Experience in leading a small team of developers.
- Experience in building enterprise-grade software using modern architecture concepts.
- Experience using modern programming techniques including dependency management, TDD, design patterns.
View original article here Source