Reporting to the Supervisor, Computer Operations, the Senior Technical Specialist – Enterprise Client is responsible for functions related to technical planning,
design, configuration, operation and support of desktop services both physical and virtual. This includes Windows, hardware, productivity suites, directory/email
administration, and virtual desktop technologies.
• Design, implement and configure Enterprise Client support systems. Apply Enterprise Architecture principles, standards, and methodology to ensure
effective solution design.
• Create system documentation, including build, configuration and recovery.
• Assist in the development and execution of application test plans.
• Coordinate technical activities for projects.
• Complete project activities on time and in scope, while adhering to project methodologies.
• Manage the enterprise desktop environment, including firmware/software releases, system configuration and maintenance.
• Create and document production Windows images for the various hardware models and virtual desktops
• Create, document and manage Microsoft Office for the enterprise.
• Develop and document Group Policy Settings required for Microsoft Windows/Office
• Maintain system documentation, including build, configuration and recovery.
• Create and modify procedures and standards as required.
• Recommend & optimize Enterprise Client support systems to improve and maintain service levels and support Computer Operations with implementation.
• Provide guidance and support to Computer Operations on maintaining Enterprise Client Support systems and integration.
• Schedule and execute System Change Requests.
• Troubleshoot, resolve, and document Tier III incidents. Provide internal IT support. Escalate to external service providers as required.
• Backup/recover organizational services/systems in a timely manner as dictated by recovery objectives; and document all actions and resolutions.
• Investigate IT infrastructure system requirements and research new products and solutions.
• Support and comply with policies, procedures, practices and Corporate Social Responsibility commitments.
• Encourage a climate that supports diversity.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Completion of a recognized degree or diploma program in an IT related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, certification and experience.
• A minimum of six (6) years’ experience in advanced Enterprise Client support and service delivery role supporting enterprise class Windows and Office
• Proven experience in superior customer service delivery and support.
• Proven project coordination experience.
• Continuous upgrading and learning is required to remain current in information technology.
• The key accountabilities for this position include adapting to new changing conditions in a positive manner, communicating and working respectfully with
co-workers, consistently delivering excellence in customer service, demonstrating appropriate job knowledge, following direction from leadership on
assigned tasks, following established Safe Work policies and practices, following Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries’ policies and procedures, meeting the
established attendance expectations, meeting the productivity performance expectations and taking accountability for actions.
• Bilingual (French/English) language skills.
• Advanced experience with Microsoft SCCM and PowerShell would be considered an asset.
Bargaining Unit: TBD
Location: Milt Stegall Drive
Individuals should apply by completing our online application form at www.mbll.ca/jobs or by submitting a resume and application to:
Mail: Human Resources
1555 Buffalo Place
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2X1
All applications are due by December 8, 2019
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
View original article here Source